Sunday 24 March 2013

Where is the love?

What is feminism? What are we fighting for?  I'm pretty sure the basis of feminism is fighting for women's rights to do whatever the hell they want.

What I don't understand is the hatey hate I see flying around from everyone (including feminists) to everyone (including feminists).

Ok, so I wanna stay at home and bake cookies.  Good for me.
So I wanna work 9700 hours per week and have a nanny raise my kid. Good for me.
So I wanna 'Lean In' (barf. if you don't know what I am talking about--google it. And, I am not barfing about the idea, just how it has become this THING everyone is talking about).  Good for me.
So I wanna 'Opt Out'. Good for me.
So I wanna wear the same pair of sweatpants everyday, eat a salad for lunch and two chocolate bars for dinner and play rough and tumble with my daughter and kiss her far more than she likes.  Good for me.

I hope I am making myself clear here.  GOOD FOR FUCKING EVERYONE.  The only question you should be asking about someone else's life is, "Are they happy?" AND if you think they might not be happy then instead of judging their choices perhaps meditate and send them some happy thoughts.

Spread the joy people.

Brought to you by Sue Treat: Lady Thinky Joy Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment