Monday 18 March 2013

A world without sleep...


The most difficult thing about being sleep deprived is the self doubt to which it leads. I mean, if I can't use adverbs properly, remember any words at all, or form complete sentences, how can I trust my emotions? Especially because for me emotions are so closely linked to sleep.

When my husband and I disagree and he looks at me like I'm off my rocker, is it because a) I'm off my rocker, b) my husband only thinks I'm off my rocker when really I am making total sense or...I just had three points and now I can't fucking remember the last one. Man it is hard to be witty when you are really fucking tired.

The scarier thing yet (for me) is what if I wasn't experiencing self doubt?  I think it is pretty admirable that I can acknowledge that my brain is not working properly and therefore I might sometimes behave irrationally.  But this realization makes it hard for me to trust myself.  Hence self doubt.  Solution? Have a nap OR stop using adverbs.

1 comment:

  1. or start using the f-word. oh wait. you started doing that already.

    ReplyDelete