Sunday 18 November 2012

Ultimate Thinky Think: The Meaning of Life (Solved!)

I don't know about the rest of you, but throughout my life I have often pondered the meaning of it all.  "What is the meaning of life?" is a pretty big question and one that I have always thought was impossible to answer for many reasons, the first being that depending on your personal paradigm (religion and stuff) the question itself may mean something different.

WELL, just so you know, I solved it!  I know the meaning!!  Please keep in mind that I experienced this existential epiphany last night in a total sleep haze so it may in fact make little to no sense.  In fact, I had to spend a few minutes just trying to remember what it was.  Well, here it is.

Make the best of it.

I know this may sound silly, or overly simplified, so let me take you through my thought process.  I was thinking about this topic and to try to get in the right mind frame I was thinking about other pursuits and the goals that go along with them.  Very quickly I realized that you cannot compare the meaning of life to the meaning of having a family, or volunteering, or your job because these things are (usually) voluntary.  You CHOOSE them.  None of us (according to my paradigm) chose to be here.  So, this got me thinking.  What is the best thing you can do when put in a situation out of your control?  Make the best of it!  See how that works?  If you are stuck in traffic you can be really angry and feel terrible, OR you can...you got it, make the best of it!

So dear reader, goodnight (or good day), and I hope you are able to make the best of whatever life is currently throwing your way!

2 comments:

  1. It would add to that,try to help others make the best of it, otherwise known as be nice and help out. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Who can disagree with that. Except maybe Joey T.

      Delete