Friday 5 April 2013

Seriously? THIS is ok?

I may or may not have been watching Castle the other night, but I was definitely shocked by what I witnessed.  Castle had a broken leg and so was apartment bound and his daughter gave him a pair of binoculars.  When two police officers were in his apartment they took the binoculars and began peeping in people's windows.  At one point one officer took them from the other who was outraged because "she was just about to take her bra off, man!"

*Note: The two officers were not 'bad cop' types, but rather the good guys of the show.

SERIOUSLY?!?!?!?!?

How is this ok?  How is it SO acceptable to look into a women's window to watch her get undressed that it is on a mild show like Castle?  I really don't understand this.  It is not funny, or cute, or understandable, or unavoidable.  And NO she shouldn't just close her blinds.  This is a disgusting invasion of this (fictional) woman's privacy, and that fact that it is being sold as normal, and acceptable (even for detectives) behaviour is (to me) so 1923.

I must call RAPE CULTURE here, and I am sad to say I don't think it will be the last time.

*2021 update: it wasn’t.

No comments:

Post a Comment