Wednesday 9 January 2013

Why I'm Glad I'm Not Famous

Every time I get out of a vehicle wearing a skirt, I literally thank the stars above I am not famous, because I know if I were (famous that is) then every time I got out of a vehicle someone would snatch a picture of my, well, snatch.  See, I am not very 'lady like' (a phrase I simply abhor), and I cannot be bothered to take an extra 20 minutes getting out of a vehicle just to keep my privates private. So, I look around, and if I am even 40% sure no one is watching I let it all hang out as I get out.

Recently a dear friend directed me to the site feministing.com because of an article on what was then a recent interview between Matt Lauer and Anne Hathaway.  Ms. Hathaway was there to discuss her role in Les Miserables, but Mr. Lauer chose to begin the interview asking about a recent incident where her privates were exposed.  He knew about this (as did most of the world) because someone took photos and then sold them.

Matt Lauer is a misogynistic dickweed.  Maybe I should be embarrassed for not knowing who Matt Lauer is, and maybe I shouldn't make such a snap judgement about someone I don't even remotely know, but when someone says the following to a woman who has been sexually harassed and arguably sexually assaulted, I'm pretty happy to judge them and even happier not to know them.  Mr. Lauer said the following:

"Seen a lot of you lately."
AND
"What's the lesson learned from something like that?"

Ok, just to clarify, someone took photos of Anne's downstairs region WITHOUT HER CONENT and then sold them WITHOUT HER CONSENT and then Mr. Lauer had the audacity to blame her and as feministing said SHAME HER?  Are you kidding me?

Here is how the interview should have gone (in my super angry opinion):

Matt Lauer:  Anne Hathaway, good morning, nice to see you.
Anne Hathaway:  Morning Matt.
ML: Before we get started I just wanted to take a minute and tell you how sorry I am that someone has so horribly invaded your privacy.  I find it completely disgusting but since it is your business and no one else's, I will finish my comments there.  If you have anything you would like to say feel free, otherwise, let's move on to Les Mis.
AH: Thank you for not being a misogynistic dickweed.
THE END.
WHAT IS WRONG WITH THE WORLD?

3 comments:

  1. dickweed. now that's something you don't here everyday. i'm going to use it at least three times this week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. the above comment should read:

    dickweed. now that's something you don't HEAR everyday. i'm going to use it at least three times this week.

    sorry sue.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh anonymous. Thank you for your comment. Do I know you? Have you been able to use dickweed as much as you had hoped?

    ReplyDelete